The optimization and auto dispatch capabilities available in Dispatch Science can dramatically increase dispatcher productivity, decrease total driver mileage and increase service level compliance. The following troubleshooting guide was created to help users identify and fix any potential issue that might occur during the process.
1) If no zones appear in Settings > Zones, import your KML file that covers your target geographic area. Verify that there are no errors in the KML file.
2) If the KML file contains errors or if it does not cover the correct geographic area on the map, click the checkmark below Included Zones. The following options will appear:
3) Click on the download icon
4) Click on the GoogleMyMaps link to launch the KML editor
5) In GoogleMyMaps, click on
6) Click on the 3 dots, then on Open a map:
and import your KML file.
7) Apply the changes you need to make on the map (you will have to learn how to use the GoogleMyMaps web app), save the file in KML format, and re-import it into Dispatch Science by clicking on Import KML File:
8) Verify that the zone(s) where you intend to have Dispatch Science perform optimization and auto-dispatch are checked as Set for auto dispatch and that zones not intended for optimization are unset.
Zones set for Auto-Dispatch will have aicon next to their name:
Verify that the optimizer has been properly configured.
1)Go to Setting > Optimizer to verify your settings:
Go HERE for the most recent update on how to configure the Optimizer.
1) Verify that drivers assigned to the zones where on-demand auto dispatch is to occur are properly configured. Go to Drivers, select a driver by clicking on his name, scroll down to the Zones section of the driver setup, and click Edit if the Zone assigned for Auto-Dispatch is not already displayed:
2) Check the auto-dispatch zones to be covered by the driver, chen click Save:
3) Verify that the drivers assigned to perform on-demand auto dispatch are on duty, have a home address on record, AND are that their GPS location is visible. The optimizer will only trigger for drivers that are on duty and with an active GPS location.
Note: Drivers that are both available and visible don't have any markings next to their icon on the dispatch map:
On the Dispatch grid, they will have a green dot displayed next to their name:
1) Verify that there are no errors in pricing.
1) Verify that the service levels, schedules and zones associated with active orders do not correspond to a route
2) Verify that the orders ready-for-pickup time is correct
3) Verify that the pick-up and delivery windows are correct
Expect a reasonable delay for optimization and auto-dispatch to complete. The Optimizer is triggered once every 10-12 minutes and, depending on the number of orders and of different pick-up and delivery addresses, it may takes two or three optimization sessions to fully optimize and dispatch all orders.
A note on Optimization
Please note that the optimizer functions in a way that optimizes both pick-up and delivery stop sequences in order to ensure drivers will meet their service level requirements in the most efficient way. This means that pick-ups will not necessarily occur sequentially and that in some instances, the pick-up time will appear to be very close to the delivery deadline.