These features are currently available in your Test environments. They will be available on Pre-production on March 2nd. They will be available on Production the evening of March 6th.
New Features in This Release
- Auto-Dispatch Improvements
- Navigation Improvements
- Minor Dispatch Board Improvements
- Increased modifiability of Order details
- Simplified label printing for Self-Serve users
- Enhancements to Application logging
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Dispatch Board
The release notes refer to different sections of the application:
Back Office: Where Customer Service Representatives (CSR) create and edit orders, create accounts, review drivers, etc.
Dispatch Board: Where Dispatchers assign orders to drivers, get notifications for invalid orders, etc.
Auto-Dispatch: This section refers to the automated order assignment setup and its process.
Administration: This section is in the Back Office but refers to sections only an administrator will use like Settings and Pricing.
Customer Portal: Where account users log in to create orders, view their order history, enter a credit card, etc.
Tracking site: Where customers enter a tracking number like the order ID or a reference number to view the status of their order.
OData: Data fields and variables saved in OData
Account API: API provided to your accounts to create, update and get orders. For documentation, please follow this link: https://api.dispatchscience.com/
Tenant API: API provided to you to create orders for your accounts, retrieve invoices and change invoice status. For documentation, please follow this link: https://api.dispatchscience.com/
Scripting: Custom script building abilities and functions within Dispatch Science
Improved Data Format Handling on Order Import
In both the Self-Serve Portal and system user Back Office interface, the Order Import feature now supports the importing of any file extension type and will convert them to .csv (or .tsv where necessary) when completing the mapping.
Internal Notes Now Copied from Order Templates When Creating New Orders
Notes added to the Internal Notes section in an Order Template are now copied to any new orders created from this template, either through recurrence or order creation.
Scrollbar Now in Driver List
There is now a scrollbar directly in the driver list in Drivers under the driver section, allowing for smoother navigation of the page.
Upload on Cellular After (Hours) Field Grayed When Not Applicable
When the “Upload on Wifi” option is not selected, the “Upload on Cellular After (Hours)” field will now be grayed, as it is not active when data is automatically uploaded via cellular data.
Scroll Bar in Pricing Section
A scroll bar is now within the Price List section itself to permit better navigation.
Time to Dispatch Removed from Service Levels
Previously within a service level, when managing service levels individually under Pricing – Service Levels – Manage Service Levels, there was an unused field for “Time to Dispatch”. This field has now been removed.
Ability to Select Date Range in Dispatching Boards
It is now possible to filter and search orders on Dispatch Boards using a date range.
This feature will be available for all “View By” options, as defined below:
- Open : All orders where the pickup window or delivery window falls into the date range in any status other than delivered and cancelled.
- Received : All orders that are in Received status with a pickup or delivery window that falls into the date range
- Unassigned : All orders that are in received or picked up status with no driver with a pickup or delivery window that falls into the date range
- Dispatched : All orders in dispatch status with a pickup or delivery window that falls into the date range
- Assigned: All orders in assigned status with a pickup or delivery window that falls into the date range
- Picked Up : All orders that are picked up with a pickup or delivery window that falls into the date range
- Delivered : All orders delivered for a date within the date range
- All : All orders that are opened with a pickup or delivery window that falls within the date range, the delivered order within that date range, the cancelled order within that date range
- At Risk : All orders marked at right with a pickup or delivery window that falls into the date range
- Late : All orders that are late with a pickup or delivery window that falls into the date range
- Late or At Risk : At risk and late with a pickup or delivery window that falls into the date range
- Held : All orders that are on Hold with a pickup or delivery window that falls into the date range
- Invalid : All invalid orders with a pickup or delivery window that falls into the date range
- Cancelled: All orders cancelled within that date range
Ability to Modify Windows when Releasing from Hold on Reattempt
When releasing an order from hold in the dispatching board for reattempt, there is now an option to modify the windows directly from the reattempt pop-up, by selecting the “Calculate windows with Reattempt Service Level” checkbox.
Once selected, the checkbox opens a “New Ready At” field, permitting the user to update the ready at time, which will then coordinate pickup and delivery windows to the reattempt service level in question.
The change to these windows is documented in the history of the order.
Warning Message Pops Up When Optimizing a Dispatch Route
A warning popup will now display when a user attempts to optimize a route which has already been allocated to a driver.
Navigation Overlay Remains When Inactive
The navigation overlay pane, with the different navigation icons, now remains active even when the user has been inactive, allowing the user to navigate freely even once inactive.
Route Icon Added to Driver Details
In the Dispatching Grid Boards, the route icon has now been added to those orders among the drivers’ orders which are of type Routed. The icon is for information purposes.
Automating Self-Serve Label Printing
The Self-Serve Portal now supports the account user's ability to print an order label directly from the browser interface once an order is created. The label can also be found, where applicable, under the Export option within the order itself.
Auto-Dispatch No Longer Dispatches to Driver Going Off-Duty
The Auto-Dispatch system will now recognize drivers who will be GoingOffDuty as having the same status as OffDuty, in that they will not be dispatched more orders.
In order to have this ability the driver’s profile must be set in Work Hours Options with “Enable Going Off Duty Status”.
If the Driver’s profile is set accordingly, the driver can select to modify their status in the driver app and subsequently select “Going Off Duty”.
Improved Application Log Search
Two abilities have been added to search through application log entries. The first is to search by text search (which will search through both title and content) and the second is to filter the various entries by whether or not there is an attachment has been added.
Execution of Recurrence in Application Logs
In the Application Logs, under System in Settings, the logs will now provide a log reason if a recurrence did not run as scheduled, including a reason and a date and time stamp for the entry in question.