Here's a preview video of what's new in this release:
New features included in this release
We are introducing a new optional add-on module in Dispatch Science: Advanced Security. Advanced Security allows administrators to define custom roles and access rights to different features and capabilities according to user-type.
Administrators can now review, filter and delete addresses in bulk
It is now easier to filter and search the list of recurrences and order templates
It is now possible to set a vehicle's capacity at more than 100% of its specifications
It is now possible to automatically generate and attach a Proof of Delivery file to an order
Other new features
Global changes have been applied to the EN/FR fields in order to add additional languages to the system that are planned for a future release. They are now defined as Primary/Secondary language. This has no impact yet on user interface or user behavior, but may impact reports, Odata and possibly API calls. Please contact support if you notice any issues.
Numerous user interface enhancements have been applied to the Dispatch Grid, including the ability to lasso-select orders in the map section of a grid view:
On order import, if one or more of the reference fields do not match the options set in the order profile, a line is added (invalid entry) in the log file to indicate the error but still create the order. A feature toggle to prevent orders from being created if reference fields do not match the option is now available in the Profile menu.
The release notes refer to different sections of the application:
Back Office: Where Customer Service Representatives (CSR) create and edit orders, create accounts, review drivers, etc.
Dispatch Board: Where Dispatchers assign orders to drivers, get notifications for invalid orders, etc.
Auto-Dispatch: This section refers to the automated order assignment setup and its process.
Administration: This section is in the Back Office but refers to sections only an administrator will use like Settings and Pricing.
Customer Portal: Where account users log in to create orders, view their order history, enter a credit card, etc.
Tracking site: Where customers enter a tracking number like the order ID or a reference number to view the status of their order.
OData: Data fields and variables saved in OData
Account API: API provided to your accounts to create, update and get orders. For documentation, please follow this link:https://api.dispatchscience.com/ Tenant API: API provided to you to create orders for your accounts, retrieve invoices and change invoice status. For documentation, please follow this link: https://api.dispatchscience.com/
NEW MODULE: Advanced Security
Dispatch Science Advanced Security is now available for preview. Once released, it will be included in Enterprise Plan, available for an extra fee to Growth Plan customers, and unavailable for Basic Plan users. Contact your Sales Representative for details. A limited number of basic roles will remain available to Basic and Growth plan users, but they will not be editable.
Advanced Security allows Administrators to define as many custom role types that are needed to access specific features and information in the system, and to assign them accordingly.
1) Go to Settings -> System -> Roles. A list of available roles will display:
From here, you can delete any custom role by clicking the associated trash can icon to the right (a confirmation message will popup). Edit an existing role by clicking on it, or create a new one by clicking on New role.
2) To create a new role, click on New Role. A New Role dialog box will appear:
Feel free to customize permissions for your existing / new role to fine-tune user access by clicking on the associated checkmarks in the table. Click Save to save the role and associated access permissions.
There is now a method to allow administrators to access the saved addresses in their system and delete them individually or in bulk.
1) Go to Settings -> System -> Addresses. A list of all addresses present in the system will appear:
2) To delete a single address, simply click on the trash can symbol on the right of the screen. A popup will appear asking to confirm the deletion. Click OK to confirm and the address will be removed from the database:
Note: Once Deleted, addresses are removed from the database. This action cannot be reversed.
3) To delete a series of non-consecutive addresses, check the box next to each target address, and then click on Delete Selected:
The confirmation dialog will popup again to validate the deletion.
4) Another option is to click on Open Map, and from there select the addresses to delete by clicking on the position icons, then again, clicking on Delete Selected. Click Close Map to close the map view:
5) For bulk address deletion, use the Search by tool to search by Address or Position, or use the filter icons next to each field to refine your search...
...then check the box to the left of Type to select all filtered addresses, then click on Delete Selected:
6) When filtering by position, type in Lat./Lon. data plus a Radius, then pre-view the affected addresses on the map before proceeding with the deletion:
Recurring Orders and Order Templates
There is now a Search filter to make it easier to find specific Recurrences and Order templates.
1) Search filter for Recurring Orders:
2) Search filter for Order Templates:
Because there may be instances where it is less costly to slightly overfill a vehicle rather than dispatching another, we have added the option to define an individual's vehicle's capacity at any percentage above its standard limit.
1) Go to Drivers, Select a driver, then click on Edit Vehicle Information:
2) Edit the Adjustment Percentage you want to modify. You can now specify percentage values above 100%:
NOTE: To be enabled, this feature requires assistance from a Dispatch Science implementation specialist. Please contact Dispatch Science if you intend to deploy this capability.
It is now possible to automatically generate and attach POD documents to a delivered Order.
1) Once you have enabled the capability with a Dispatch Science implementation specialist, go to Accounts, select an account, and click on Edit in the Order Options section.
2) The Order Options Menu will appear. In the POD TEMPLATE section, click on the dropdown and select the POD template you want to use for this customer,
3) check or uncheck POD GENERATED BY DEFAULT situated just below the POD template, then Save:
If you check POD GENERATED BY DEFAULT, all associated orders will use the template to automatically create and attach a POD document. If Unchecked, the order-entry clerk will be able to check or uncheck the feature in the Additional Info section of the Order:
3) Once the order is delivered, the associated document will automatically be generated and attached to the order in the Attachments section: