IMPORTANT: Release 1.32 contains enhancements to the overall Navigation interface. Its implementation affects all users of the Web application.
New features included in this release
- Overall Navigation has been enhanced to allow space for upcoming new features, while better following web application design practices
- Accounting enhancements for invoices and debit notes, with the introduction of Accounting Items to allow billing and credits unrelated to specific orders
- Order templates are now easier to manage
- Order history enhancements that capture more event information
- Custom order profiles can now be created to support the new Dispatch Science Delivery App
The release notes refer to different sections of the application:
Back Office: Where Customer Service Representatives (CSR) create and edit orders, create accounts, review drivers, etc.
Dispatch Board: Where Dispatchers assign orders to drivers, get notifications for invalid orders, etc.
Auto-Dispatch: This section refers to the automated order assignment setup and its process.
Administration: This section is in the Back Office but refers to sections only an administrator will use like Settings and Pricing.
Customer Portal: Where account users log in to create orders, view their order history, enter a credit card, etc.
Tracking site: Where customers enter a tracking number like the order ID or a reference number to view the status of their order.
OData: Data fields and variables saved in OData
Account API: API provided to your accounts to create, update and get orders. For documentation, please follow this link:https://api.dispatchscience.com/
Tenant API: API provided to you to create orders for your accounts, retrieve invoices and change invoice status. For documentation, please follow this link: https://api.dispatchscience.com/
Driver App and Delivery App versions
Features from this release that affect the Driver or Delivery Apps require the latest version of the respective Apps. Ensure app users are configured for automatic updates from the App Store or Play Store. Please see Release Notes for the Driver and Delivery Apps.
We have improved the user interface by moving certain features. This new layout makes it more intuitive to book new orders, manage login credentials, and get help. Much like many other web applications, the top right section of the screen contains account settings, help, and redundancy to the actions people use most.
Old Navigation interface where Create order, My Account and Support were displayed on the left toolbar:
New Navigation interface where Create order, My Account and Support are displayed on the top right corner:
When creating a new order that uses a template, it is now possible to choose between three actions:
1. Create the new order by clicking on the green CREATE ORDER button
2. Create the new order and update the template (with the new template information) by clicking on the downward facing chevron next to the CREATE ORDER button an selecting Create Order and Update Template
3. Don't create a new order, yet update the order template by clicking on the downward facing chevron next to the CREATE ORDER button and selecting Only Update Template:
There is now a new option to allow Customer Portal users to update their own order templates. To do so, follow the steps to create a new template as explained in the version 1.31 release notes, and check Can be modified by Customer Portal user:
Order History tracking
Order history tracking now captures any addition or change to Pickup Notes, Delivery Notes, and General Order Note. The tracking information includes date, time and author:
Since Drivers can now attach pdf files to orders (see HERE for details) it is also now possible to download pdf attachments to orders in order details. Hover over the PDF symbol in Attachments and click on the small download icon on the bottom right:
This will launch a high resolution, printable version of the file.
It is now possible to add "items" to an invoice or debit memo. Items can represent global charges or credits that are independent of orders. Common examples include adjustments for fuel surcharges, finance charges, or impromptu fees or deductions. Unlike discounts and surcharges that can be automatically added to each invoice, accounting items MUST be manually added if needed.
As well, it is now possible to create standalone debit notes or invoices and assign accounting items to these.
Accounting items are billable items that are not necessarily directly associated with orders. They can be applied on invoices and on (NEW) debit notes.
How it works:
1) In Settings > Companies, there is a new sub-menu called Accounting Items. Click on Create Accounting Item to create a new accounting item or on any existing accounting item to edit it:
2) After clicking on Create Accounting Item, the following dialog box will appear:
3) Give an ID to the new accounting item, using only alphanumeric keys and no spaces. Give it a DISPLAY NAME (EN) and and optional French DISPLAY NAME (FR). Give it a TAX SCHEDULE by clicking on the input box and selecting from the dropdown, then check the Can be Edited checkbox if you want users to be able to manually change the tax schedule of the accounting item. Type an AMOUNT to be applied, then check the Can be Edited checkbox if you want users to be able to edit the amount of the accounting item. Check the TYPE of accounting item to specify if should be available on either a Debit Note or an Invoice (only one can be checked). For accounting items needed on BOTH Debit Notes and Invoices, create separate accounting items. Click Save to save the new accounting item.
Follow the same steps as above to edit an existing accounting item.
Debit Notes and Manually created Invoices
It is now possible to create debit notes and standalone invoices in Dispatch Science. These can be created independent of delivery orders.
How it works:
1) In Accounts > Transactions, click on New Transaction and select Create a Debit Note or Create an Invoice from the dropdown menu:
2) The following dialog box will appear. Depending on what option was selected in (1), either Transactions > Debit Note or Transactions > Invoice will appear:
3) Type an account name under Account, select a date for the transaction in the date selection box under Document Date, then click on +Add Item to add an item. If more than one type of accounting items is available, a dropdown will appear. Select the item for which you want to create a debit note (or invoice):
4) Add a optional Description. Select a Tax region and edit the Amount, if allowed by the accounting item attributes.
5) Add additional items as needed, add an optional Memo note, and click on Save to save the Debit note/Invoice (or Cancel to cancel). You will be sent to the Transactions list where your new Debit note/Invoice will be displayed:
Standard actions are available on manually created invoices and debit notes, and they remain editable after they have been created. You can return to these by clicking on the transaction number in the first column.
Note the appearance of a new iconin the first column of transactional invoices. Clicking on this icon will launch a downloadable PDF preview of the actual invoice.
Routed Orders on the Dispatch Map
Orders on a route that contain an invalid address are now marked in red and a warning message will be issued when the route is dispatched:
Another enhancement is the addition of an alert icon on routes that are only partially optimized. This occurs in the first few minutes after an order has been moved, cancelled, or put on hold:
Order Profiles for the Dispatch Science mobile Delivery App
The Dispatch Science optional add-on, the Delivery App, is being enhanced. It is a light, mobile version of the Customer Portal. The app now adjusts to specific options defined in Order profiles.
A typical Order profile for the Delivery App would contain a requirement to provide the Pick-up and Delivery addresses, the items included, the service level (Delivery options) and possibly optional delivery notes as shown here:
Order profiles are used to determine what components to display, if they are mandatory or not, and their sequence on the screen.
How it works:
1) In Accounts > Profiles, click on Create Order Profiles. An order profile creation dialog box will appear:
2) Click on New Create Order Profile to create a new order profile (or click on an existing Order Profile to modify it), then give it a name in the NAME input box and select Mobile from the TYPE dropdown:
3) Click Save to save the Profile. A new section will appear where you can customize your order profile. Here you will be able to edit the name and type for order profile you just created by clicking on the Edit button to the right of Create Order Profile (this will return you to the New Create Order Profile window). The Sections part of the screen will enable you to add, edit, re-order and delete items to display on the Delivery app order section. Note that the requirement to provide Pick-up and Delivery addresses is included by default:
4) Click on Add Section to add a new order-entry component, then click on the TYPE input box to select the type of section to add:
Select an item from the dropdown, optionally edit its description and check SECTION IS REQUIRED if describing the item, delivery option, notes or reference field should be mandatory for the person submitting the order. Click Save when done. You will be returned to the Section dialog box and the new type will have been added to the list:
As displayed above, you can now move each section up or down, or you can delete it by clicking on the symbol in the actions column.