The release notes refer to different sections of the application:
Back Office: Where Customer Service Representatives (CSR) create and edit orders, create accounts, review drivers, etc.
Dispatch Board: Where Dispatchers assign orders to drivers, get notifications for invalid orders, etc.
Auto-Dispatch: This section refers to the automated order assignment setup and its process.
Administration: This section is in the Back Office but refers to sections only an administrator will use like Settings and Pricing.
Customer Portal: Where account users log in to create orders, view their order history, enter a credit card, etc.
Tracking site: Where customers enter a tracking number like the order ID or a reference number to view the status of their order.
OData: Data fields and variables saved in OData
Account API: API provided to your accounts to create, update and get orders. For documentation, please follow this link:https://api.dispatchscience.com/
Tenant API: API provided to you to create orders for your accounts, retrieve invoices and change invoice status. For documentation, please follow this link: https://api.dispatchscience.com/
Bug Fixes included in this release
- Parts of Continuation and Return orders listed on the Dispatch Grid did not trigger a warning when dispatched separately. This is now fixed.
- When downloading an image attached by a driver, the file extension was not kept. This has been fixed.
- It was not possible to preview and download PDF attachments on orders. This feature is now supported: Hover over the PDF icon, then click on the small icon on the bottom left. This will launch a PDF viewer:
- It is now easier to download the high res image attachment. Hover over the image to view the open in a new tab icon . This will open the image in a new tab. Right click on the image and use the Save As. The extension on the file will automatically be set.
Please note that this will apply to new attachments that are added after the deployment of version 1.32. Older attachments will not have the extension.
- On the Invoice email, the full name fo the company is now on the Subject line with the invoice number. On the Invoice to, the name of the account will now be displayed.